Protecting Your Eyes with Maui Jim
The Maui Jim philosophy is simple - to create the best sunglasses on the planet so you can see the world at its best. With their advanced technology and eclectic selection of styles and designs, Maui Jim truly delivers on this ideology. Recently, Maui Jim released some helpful facts, figures and different ways to protect your eyes from harmful rays. Below are the most helpful tips to educate you on eye health and what to look for when shopping for sunglasses.
All credit goes to https://www.mauijim.com/US/en_US/eyehealth.
- 26% of our population rarely or never wear sunglasses.
- Poor quality sunglasses do more harm than good. Lenses without UVA & UVB protection increase the potential for harmful rays to enter the eyes.
- The right sunglasses help prevent skin cancer. Sunglasses reduce the chance of skin cancer where you can’t apply sunscreen- on and around the eyes.
- 65% of adults don’t link sun exposure to serious eye diseases like cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Sunglasses are not just for sunny days. Glare and damaging UV rays also exist on cloudy days and eyes still need protection.
- Harsh glare and the sun’s brightness interferes with comfortable vision and the ability to see clearly, which causes squinting and watery eyes.
- Driving is the #1 use for sunglasses, yet there is a compelling need for more drivers to wear polarized sunglasses.
- 26% of daytime car crashes are attributed to glare with 39% of accidents occurring between 6am-9am.
- Intense sunlight can hamper your eyes’ ability to adapt to lower light levels. Wearing quality sunglasses consistently will help your eyes adjust quickly.
- Use sunglasses that absorb HEV (high-energy visible radiation) as exposure to HEV has been related to AMD (age-related macular degeneration).
One thing is for sure, all Maui Jim sunglasses offer 100% protection against harmful UVA and UVB rays, and have been recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation as an effective UV filter for the eyes and surrounding skin. Explore the latest styles of Maui below, with more coming in weekly.
Choose a pair of Maui Jim's today, and view the world in a way you’ve never seen it before!